West Sussex Carers Online title with a colourful picture of a paperchain of people
Funded and hosted by West Sussex County Council logo
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!

Resources for carers > Common questions from carers

Common questions from carers

Q: I am worried about what happens after my wife, who has had a stroke, comes out of hospital. What should I do?
Q: I have heard that carers can get a reduction in Council Tax. Is this true?
Q: The person I am caring for refuses all help from Social Services. Can I do anything?
Q: I am currently receiving Income Support. Is it right that I am not entitled to any Carers Benefits?
Q: What do I have to do to get the Carers Benefit?
Q: How do I get a break from caring?
Q: I am a carer and have managed on my own up to now, but life is getting more and more difficult. What should I do?

Most of these questions are ones most often heard by staff at the Carers Liaison Project, Regis, Chichester and Rural. Others are from other Carers support organisations around the country. We are grateful to them for both these questions and the answers provided. Please click on a question from the list above to read the answer.

Top of page | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement |     Last updated date: 04 Oct 2006

In partnership with
ICIS : information for life :: Carers Liaison Project :: Carers Support Service :: Carers Liaison Service :: Carers UK
This site is maintained and developed by ICIS.