West Sussex Carers Online title with a colourful picture of a paperchain of people
Funded and hosted by West Sussex County Council logo
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!

Resources for carers > Common questions from carers > Q: How do I get a break from caring?

Q: How do I get a break from caring?

A: If you need help from Social Services to get a break, the first thing to do is to contact your local Help Desk, and ask for a Carers Assessment .
A break provided by Social Services usually takes the form of a short period of residential care for the person you care for.
Apart from Social Services, there are some other organisations that provide breaks, from two-week holidays to mornings or afternoons off.


Small icon of an envelope representing Information You can get more information from:

West Sussex Carers Network Carers Support Services across West Sussex

Contact details for the Social and Caring Services

Tell me about Taking a Break

Short break services in West Sussex Check the ICIS carers Local Search for these services

Top of page | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement |     Last updated date: 04 Oct 2006

In partnership with
ICIS : information for life :: Carers Liaison Project :: Carers Support Service :: Carers Liaison Service :: Carers UK
This site is maintained and developed by ICIS.