West Sussex Carers Online title with a colourful picture of a paperchain of people
Funded and hosted by West Sussex County Council logo
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!

Help for Carers > Rights and benefits > State Second Pension

State Second Pension

If you are a carer and you have given up your job or reduced the number of hours you work because of your caring responsibilities you can build up additional money for when you retire through the State Second Pension

If you are already entitled to a relevant benefit such as Carer's Allowance, Income Support or Child Benefit for a child under 6 you don't need to do anything - you will build up a State Second pension automatically.

However if you are not entitled to one of the above benefits you may need to make a claim for Home Responsibilities Protection (HRP).


Small icon of an envelope representing Information You can get more information from;

Telephone: 0845 731 3233
Website: Additional State Pension

Top of page | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement |     Last updated date: 04 Oct 2006

In partnership with
ICIS : information for life :: Carers Liaison Project :: Carers Support Service :: Carers Liaison Service :: Carers UK
This site is maintained and developed by ICIS.